wxPython installation interferes with win32ui/win32gui

robert no-spam at no-spam-no-spam.com
Fri Oct 13 18:33:41 EDT 2006

robert wrote:

> c:\Python23\pythonw.exe.manifest
> c:\Python23python.exe.manifest

I found out that in fact when I move away these 2 files to a backup
location after a wx installation, things go well again.

What at all do this .manifest files do ?
And why do win32ui apps freak out, when these are present?
Have post the content of pythonw.exe.manifest below.
Are wx apps affected in a bad way, if I remove those files for ever?

-robert

C:\python23\pythonw.exe.manifest
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
<assemblyIdentity
     version="0.64.1.0"
     processorArchitecture="x86"
     name="Python"
     type="win32"
/>
<description>Python Interpreter</description>
<dependency>
     <dependentAssembly>
         <assemblyIdentity
             type="win32"
             name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
             version="6.0.0.0"
             processorArchitecture="X86"
             publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
             language="*"