python GUIs comparison (want)

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmen.se
Fri Oct 27 10:36:36 EDT 2006

David Boddie wrote:
> You're forgetting that Qt isn't just a widget toolkit.

I suspect that the non-GUI parts are (just like in Wx) C++ stuff
which is more or less equivalent with things that are either Python
builtins or parts of Python's standard library. Besides, getting
those proprietary dependencies even further down into the code than
the GUI is not a plus in my book.

Last time I looked, Qt code wasn't even pure C++ but needed some
preprocessing like embedded SQL. Yet another programming language
in other words. I suppose I can ignore that from Python, but it
still smells...