Python/UNO/OpenOffice?

Colin J. Williams cjw at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 2 07:56:58 EDT 2006

wesley chun wrote:
> as others have said, that project provides a working interface to OOo
> (OpenOffice 2 on Ubuntu Breezy and Dapper).  i've made several posts
> to this regard over the summer here on CLP.  i was mostly using it to
> "mess around" with documents in StarWriter.
>
> cheers,
> -- wesley
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> "Core Python Programming", Prentice Hall, (c)2007,2001
>     http://corepython.com
>
> wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
> python training and technical consulting
> cyberweb.consulting : silicon valley, ca
> http://cyberwebconsulting.com
I've done some small things with Python/OpenOffice, using Windows XP.
They appear to work OK.

It seems that there is only one person to maintain the Python interface
and that there few users - no critical mass.  I hope that this will
change as OpenOffice is, with the exception of the Base component, a
solid package. The base (database) component is evolving.

Colin W.