Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Oct 4 15:40:09 EDT 2006

Giovanni Bajo schrieb:
>>> I hope this
>>> recommendation from the "PSF infrastructure committee" is rejected.
>> That is very very unlikely. Who would reject it, and why?
>
> The community, and I am impressed you do not want to understand the "why".

How would "the community" actually reject it? By not using it? Well,
that won't happen: They use the current SF tracker, despite it being
non-free software.

> It is an extremely bad picture for an open source flag like Python to go to a
> vendor for such an easy requirement as a bug database.

You fail to recognize that Python is *already* using a non-free software
for bug tracking, as do thousands of other projects. So from that point
of view, the status wouldn't change.

Regards,
Martin