python GUIs comparison (want)

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Oct 24 06:02:53 EDT 2006

Cameron Walsh wrote:

> I googled "python gui compare" a while back and got
> www.awaretek.com/toolkits.html as the first result.

See also the python.org Wiki for more information:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/UsefulModules
http://wiki.python.org/moin/GuiProgramming (big list!)

> Every variation on the values I entered seemed to point me to wxPython,
> which I'm still using now.  However, they seem to think that EasyGUI is
> the easiest to learn, but that it suffers on "Maturity, documentation,
> breadth of widget selection".

The figures behind the scenes are quite enlightening for that
particular page. If you (or community experiences) don't agree with the
rankings (wxPython apparently even easier to learn than PythonCard and
Tkinter, a bunch of Gtk-based toolkits having more or less "full" Linux
scores) then you'll have some surprises, I'm sure. Nevertheless, it's
an interesting concept.

Paul