can regular ol' python do a php include?

Tue Oct 10 11:50:00 EDT 2006

Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:

> def include(filename):
>    print open(filename).read()
>
> include('header.html')
>
> Behold, the power of a general purpose programming language.
>
> Jean-Paul

Thanks, pretty good idea! But my guess is that I can't just use it this
way within an HTML file. It seems like what I have to do is write my
HTML files separately, with string formatters inserted in them, and then
read *those* files into a separate Python file that is the actual URL
visited. Not quite ideal either, but I guess that would work.

Of course, if that's how it has to be done, I might as well just use PHP
instead. It's only one function, after all.