Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Thu Oct 5 18:55:35 EDT 2006

Paul Boddie wrote:
> Perhaps, although I imagine that Trac would have a lot more uptake if
> it handled more than just Subversion repositories.

It handles some other kinds of repositories now (bzr, I think?).  From
what I understand fully abstracting out the repository format seems to
still be a work in progress, but it is in progress and you can write
repository plugins right now.

[...]
> I did briefly look at Trac to see whether I could hack in a WebStack
> backend, and I'd do the same for ViewVC if I had the time, mostly
> because such projects already duplicate a lot of effort just to permit
> the deployment of the software on incompatible server solutions.
> There's certainly a lot these solutions could learn from each other and
> from lesser known solutions.

Trac now includes a WSGI backend, and someone has written a WSGI
backend for ViewVC (though I don't know if it is included with the
project).

Clearly you need to get on the WSGI bandwagon ;)

  Ian