Package to handle table text render (handle space or tab between the columns) ?

hanumizzle hanumizzle at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 04:46:44 EDT 2006

On 10/6/06, KLEIN Stéphane <stephane at harobed.org> wrote:
> hanumizzle a écrit :
> > On 10/6/06, KLEIN Stéphane <stephane at harobed.org> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I would like print tabular values on terminal (stdout). Are there
> >> package to handle table text render ?
> >
> > Have a look at:
> >
> > http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/267662
>
> Thanks, this package is very useful ! But I'm suprised than this package
> isn't in python standard library !

The occurence of such a problem is relatively rare I would imagine.
Rendering anything formatted to a character cell terminal is
inherently limited, which is why I like lynx: it eliminates all the
dumb formatting crap that people put on their websites, and even
collapses multiple columns into a single stream of pages. Yay!

See also reStructuredText for rendering plain text input to HTML and
other formats (includes tables), sil vous plait.

-- Theerasak