can't open word document after string replacements

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Oct 24 07:29:36 EDT 2006

Antoine De Groote wrote:
> Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
>
>>Antoine De Groote wrote:
>>
>>>Hi there,
>>>
>>>I have a word document containing pictures and text. This documents
>>>holds several 'ABCDEF' strings which serve as a placeholder for names.
>>>Now I want to replace these occurences with names in a list (members).
>>
>>Do you know that MS Word already provides this kind of features ?
>

> No, I don't. Sounds interesting... What is this feature called?

Mail-merge, I believe.

However, if your document can be adequately represented in RTF
(rich-text format) then you could consider doing string replacements on
that. I invoice the PyCon sponsors using this rather inelegant technique.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119