Lookuperror : unknown encoding : utf-8

Leo Kislov Leo.Kislov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 03:54:57 EST 2006

Sachin Punjabi wrote:
> On Oct 30, 1:29 pm, Fredrik Lundh <fred... at pythonware.com> wrote:
> > Sachin Punjabi wrote:
> > > The OS is Windows XPthen your installation is seriously broken.  where did you get the
> > installation kit?  have you removed stuff from the Lib directory ?
> >
> > </F>
>
> It was already installed on my PC and I have no clue how it was
> installed or any changes has been done.

Then it's a distribution of your PC manufacturer. They could omit some
modules like utf-8 codec.

> I am just downloading newer
> version from python.org and will install and check it. I think there
> should be problem with installation itself.

That's a right idea, I'd also recommend to leave the manufacturer's
python distribution alone. Do not remove it, do not upgrade it. Some
programs provided by the manufacturer can stop working. If the
preinstalled python was installed into c:\python24 directory, choose
some other directory when you install python from python.org.

  -- Leo