Python 2.5 ; Effbot console ; thank ; pb release.

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Mon Oct 23 19:00:55 EDT 2006

Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> writes:

> Méta-MCI wrote:
> > For the professional developments, it is a major risk.
>
> some days, I ask myself why I shouldn't just use GPL for everything
> I do, and ship it as source code only.

Many popular programs *do* ship as source only, and leave it to the
community to build and make available binaries for platforms that the
community wants. This way, the developers don't have to maintain
builds for anything but the platforms they actually care about, and a
particular platform is supported only to the extent that third parties
put effort into it and share the result.

I don't see why you shouldn't do the same.

--
 \       "If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; |
  `\         but if you really make them think, they'll hate you."  -- |