Tkinter Listbox string formatting question - how to kill adancingsnake ?

Hendrik van Rooyen mail at microcorp.co.za
Tue Oct 31 10:26:14 EST 2006

"Hendrik van Rooyen" <mail at microcorp.co.za> wrote:

> "Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
>
> > instead of trying to force the listbox to behave like a multicolumn
> > widget, maybe you could switch to another widget?  some alternatives include
> >
> >      a Text widget (you have to roll your own selection logic)
>
> I _really_ don't feel strong enough for this, or for sticking them loose on a
> canvas...

sorry - thought has just occurred to me - my basic problem is text formatting,
as variable width fonts make it difficult to get two things to line up under one
another by using spaces as padding  - so how would the Text widget have
helped me with this ?  or - Luxury ! - can I set a tab stop in pixels ?
- maybe I can catch a general clue here...

- Hendrik