Converting MSWord Docs to PDF

melv@awc.edu mj23 at toro.azwestern.edu
Wed Oct 11 02:57:02 EDT 2006

>Sybren Stuvel wrote:
> melv at awc.edu enlightened us with:
>
>is it possible to convert MSword docs into PDF format?
>

> Yes, it is. check out http://www.stuvel.eu/ooo-python#header3. It's
> about converting Excel to PDF, but it equally applies to MSWord.

thank you very much this will greatly help me out.

Steve Holden:

>However, this assumed perfect import of the .doc file into Open Office,
>which can't be guaranteed (though it gets better every release). So you
>may want to do some experimentation to find out how well the import
>proceeds.

im almost certain that Open Office will atleast give me acceptable

>>> i told my future employer that i could...

>And the next time you are bragging in that way, couch your boasts in
>conditional terms to avoid losing face should you happen to be wrong. A
>lot will depend on the complexity of the Word documents.

yeah, i know i was wrong in assuring him it was possible, but i was sure
python could do anything! :P just kidding, thanks i know what you mean and
i appreciate your advice.

Andrew McLean:

>An alternative to Adobe Distiller (part of Acrobat) is PDFCreator

yeah, i am actually just barely testing it out and so far it has
given me very good results, thanks for the tip.

Melvin