ANN compiler2 : Produce bytecode from Python 2.5 Abstract Syntax Trees

Michael Spencer mahs at telcopartners.com
Mon Oct 23 14:46:43 EDT 2006

Georg Brandl wrote:
> Michael Spencer wrote:
>> Announcing: compiler2
>> ---------------------
>>
>> For all you bytecode enthusiasts:  'compiler2' is an alternative to the standard
>> library 'compiler' package, with several advantages.
>
> Is this a rewrite from scratch, or an improved stdlib compiler package?
>
> In the latter case, maybe you can contribute some patches to the core.
>
> Georg

Georg

It started as the latter (i.e., the stdlib compiler package improved) and
proceeded via incremental change with the twin goals of generating correct
object code and creating a clean compiler architecture (the latter somewhat
subjective of course).  I'd be happy in principle to contribute the work, but
the sum of the changes amounts to a substantial re-write, so I don't think it
can be meaningfully submitted as a patch.

Regards

Michael