Help: Python2.3 & Python2.4 on RHEL4 x86_64

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Oct 23 18:54:25 EDT 2006

Christopher Taylor schrieb:
> I had /usr/lib64/python2.3 included and that's why it was breaking.  I
> took it out and it works fine now.  Unfortunately, it still puts the
> lib files in /usr/lib instead of /usr/lib64.  I'm assuming all I need
> to do is set libdir accordingly and the files will get put in
> /usr/lib64.  How do I then build the library files for 32bits?

Can you explain what "then" is? If you set libdir so that all files go
into /usr/lib64, why do want *then* that those library files are built
for 32bits? Shouldn't they be built for 64bits if they go to /usr/lib64?

In any case, you usually select the target architecture by either
selecting the right compiler, or the right compiler flags. Just set
CC to a 32-bit-compiler, and Python should be built as 32-bit binaries.

Regards,
Martin