File and directory permissions in windows

ismael ismael.pernas.c at gmail.es
Mon Oct 23 11:46:49 EDT 2006

No feel guilty because all of us have a lot of things to do and usualy we
dont have time to do it.

My objective is check if some directories exist and if the user that execute
the perl script has access to some files and directories. If one of this
checkpoints failed the execution will be aborted. If all of then finish ok
the execution will continue. It's simply this.
Those scripts will be executed on windows and linux. I start to look python
because the MS-DOS utilities were so basic and when i try to do the same
with python i found the same problem with the permissions :P Then i try
Perl and what happens? the same problem...

Thanks for all.

Best regards.