HTML Templates (Sitemesh/Tiles concept) in Python

grahamd at dscpl.com.au grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Mon Oct 23 19:00:25 EDT 2006

Suren wrote:
> > Python with ? CGI ? FastCGI ? mod_python ? Other ?
>
> We are using mod_python and SSI. We are inheriting some legacy code
> that we do not want to mess with at all.

If you are already using SSI for basic page composition using 'include
virtual', it may be of interest for you to know that upcoming
mod_python 3.3 supports use of Python code directly with SSI. For
details see:

http://www.dscpl.com.au/wiki/ModPython/Articles/BasicsOfServerSideIncludes

To use this feature now, you would have to use latest mod_python code
base out of Subversion repository though. We are just tidying up last
few issues for 3.3, so code is more than usable at this point.

There is an example in the article about how the new feature can be
used for adding header, footers etc.

Graham