Experiences with Py2Exe

Isaac Rodriguez isaac.rodriguez at comcast.net
Wed Oct 11 15:03:32 EDT 2006

> I did a project with wxPython and py2exe. Just great :-) I also used
> Inno Setup (http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php) to create an
> installer. You should be able to learn/use both in one day.

Do you have a specific reason for using Inno Setup and not a Windows
Installer based setup? Will Inno Setup play especially well with py3exe
or was it just the learning curve of using a Windows Installer setup?

I am asking this because I have a lot of experience using the Windows
Installer service, and I also have all the productivity tools available
to create an installer for my tools if I needed to, but now I am
curious about this Inno Setup.

Thanks,

Isaac.