py2app console

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Tue Oct 3 08:04:53 EDT 2006

James Stroud wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know of the most straightforward way to get rid of the
> intensely annoying "console" window that py2app feels so compelled to
> create?
>
> On a related but less important note, why would anyone want that stupid
> window in the first place?
>
> James

I should mention that this is the ridiculously pointless Tcl shell
created when deploying a TkAqua application with py2app. Surely there
has to be a better place to practice one's Tcl programming than from the
console window of a bundled application that would otherwise be fit for
end-users--except for the stupid Tcl console that no one will bother to
use but is just frickin' desktop clutter.

## This is not the stdout console of the shell terminal, etc. ##

James