The status of Python and SOAP?

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 15:52:56 EDT 2006

Larry Bates wrote:
> I would venture to guess that this is the one I would lean towards
> if I needed SOAP support:
>
> http://www.effbot.org/downloads/#elementsoap
>
> I know is says "experimental" but Fredrik Lundh's idea of experimental
> always seems to be everyone else's idea of a shipping product (e.g his
> code just seems to work).  Since it is based on elementree, which is
> now in the standard library, I think it would be a good bet.

Note that to get elementsoap working with the ElementTree in the stdlib,
you need to make a few changes.  See the thread here:

   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2006-October/366522.html

Fredrik Lundh suggested that some of elementsoap should probably be
rewritten with the iterparse API, but I haven't had time to do that (and
likely won't for a while).

That all said, I'd agree that elementsoap is probably the right route to go.

Steve