pylint: What's wrong with the builtin map()

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 19:17:06 EDT 2006

Tuomas wrote:
> #!/usr/bin/python
> """test pydev_0.9.3/../pylint"""
> __revision__ = "test_mod 0.1 by TV 06/10/22"
>
> lst = ['aaa', ' bbb', '\tccc\n']
> lst = map(lambda x: x.strip(), lst)
>
> result = """
> No config file found, using default configuration
> ************* Module test_mod
> W:  6: Used builtin function 'map'
> E:  6: Using variable 'x' before assigment
> """

In addition to what the others said, note that pylint is entirely configurable.
If you don't want to be bothered with warnings about map() which you are going
to ignore, a simple modification to the pylint configuration file will prevent
it from doing that check.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."