Alphabetical sorts

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.dyndns.org
Tue Oct 17 08:13:32 EDT 2006

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 22:22:47 -0500, Ron Adam <rrr at ronadam.com> wrote:
> I see this is actually a very complex subject.
> It looks to me this would be a good candidate for a configurable class.
> Something preferably in the string module where it could be found easier.

/And/ choosing a locale shouldn't mean changing a process-global state.
Sometimes you want to perform something locale-depending in locale A,
followed by doing it in locale B. Switching locales today takes time and has
the same problems as global variables (unless there is another interface I
am not aware of).

But I suspect that is already a well-known problem.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.dyndns.org>  R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!