references and buffer()

km srikrishnamohan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 17:32:29 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Congratulations, you understand both Hinduism and Python better than I
> do now.  :) c.f.
> http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/brdup/brhad_III-09.html
>
> "Kati references, Yajnavalkya, iti?"

 the answer lies in a single line as pronounced by sri adi sankaracharya -
"aham bramhasmi sivoha sivoham " , which is still not implemented in python.
infact not in any other language! which is a limitatin of computers (and
comp languages) - they simply arent intelligent.
aham, tvam sah: cha madhye kim bhedam bhavati ? bhedam nasti !

Python uses two garbage collection schemes together. It uses reference
> counting (when number of references goes to zero, remove object from
> memory) and mark-and-sweep (comb through process memory methodically
> looking for objects that are no longer accessible). This is what
> allows it to collect cyclic structures, such as trees whose nodes
> links to their parents and vice versa.

why is that python doesnt implement direct memory addressing provided a
reference to an object exists ?

GC intercedes at various intervals when convenient. I don't think it
> would be immediate though.

what is the interval and what is its effect on the performance of python
interpreter ?
regards,
KM