The status of Python and SOAP?

Thomas W thomas.weholt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 14:52:04 EDT 2006

I'm going to give a presentation of python to my co-workers at a very
pro-microsoft workplace. Almost everything we need is currently
supported by the standard distro + the win32all package, but we also
need support for SOAP. I've tried SOAPpy ( didn't get it to compile,
needed a library from a dead site ) and a few others, but I cannot help
the feeling that SOAP isn't very high on the list of priorities in the
python community. I hope I'm wrong.

In short: What library is currently the best alternative to implement
stable, efficient SOAP-webservices, both client and servers? What
library is being actively maintained?

Any hint or help would be great.