Python and CMS

Duncan Booth duncan.booth at invalid.invalid
Sun Oct 22 16:05:49 EDT 2006

Echo <oshecho at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sadly, I only found Plone, skeletonz, and PyLucid (If there is any
> more, please let me know). Of those three, only PyLucid supports WSGI
> and it didn't look very nice to me.
> Both Plone and skeletonz looked very nice. However, they can't be
> hosted on a regular web host(at least to my knowledge) since they run
> as the web server themselves. So hosting would cost more, at least 2-3
> times more from what I've seen.

Just because something like Plone can run as a web server doesn't mean that
you expose that web server to the outside world, nor do you have to run it
as a webserver at all. Normally you run Plone behind another web server
such as Apache.

You can get Plone on shared hosting from various places. I use webfaction
(www.webfaction.com).