How to get each pixel value from a picture file!

Lucas Luwian at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 18:46:03 EDT 2006

Thank you for your answer.

I have some new questions:

1)  the value of return from getpixel() is a RGB number?
         print im.getpixel((44,55))   ----> (160,160,160)

2) I want to put a number into the picture for encryption(replace least
significant bit (LSB) of image intensity with message bit).

    If i use putpixel((44,55),0) , the number 0 will be changed RGB
value or others.?

3)         pix = im.load()
            print pix[44,55]
            pix[44, 55] = value