wing ide vs. komodo?

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Fri Oct 13 20:33:35 EDT 2006

> "Eric is becoming an integral part of our Python development here at
> Fluent. It's ability to set and trigger breakpoints in any thread is
> unlike any other Python debugger we have tried. Through Eric's easy to
> use interface and tight integration with PyQt, it has helped reduce
> our debugging time, particularly on Windows platforms where it is used
> heavily."
>
> --- Andrew Bushnell, Fluent Inc.

I have found that both Komodo and Pydev can do this.

Wing IDE does not (although you can debug any single thread). They are
open to suggestions though, so if there is demand I am sure they would
add it.

Personally I have used Wing IDE, Komodo and Pydev. I think Wing IDE has
the best debugging experience (for single threaded apps), and is the
fastest. I really like the regex tool in Komodo, but eventually I more
or less stopped using it. I am currently a Pydev user. I like Pydev
because it is open source, cross platform, supports multi-threaded
debugging, and simply because Eclipse provides so much stuff (although
it is a pretty steep learning curve and it has its own annoyances).

--
  Heikki Toivonen