Python

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Oct 2 18:25:27 EDT 2006

At Monday 2/10/2006 10:47, Bryan Leber wrote:

>Sorry to bother you again, but I just wanted to give you an update
>since you have generously helped me. I have it working kind of. I
>had to fudge it a little bit lol. For some reason if it reads a text
>file, it will pull out the information and print it to the
>appropriate file, but if it reads straight from the sys.argv[3] to
>the pullerList, that's where it has issues, so now I am just writing
>what is in sys.argv[3] to a text file, then going back and reading
>it into the pullerList and it seems to be working fine.:) Now onto
>some polishing up of it. Thanks a lot!

Ah, I guess you are using readlines() to read the file?
 From the command line you'll get "line one\nline two\nline three" so
you'll have to split it:
lines = received_argument.split('\n')
or perhaps:
lines = received_argument.split('\\n')
(I'm not sure if all involved parties interpret \n the same way...)

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).