Eclim: Vim interface to Eclipse (was: IDE that uses an external editor?)

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sat Oct 14 03:57:15 EDT 2006

skip at pobox.com writes:

> One thing that's kept me from even looking at IDEs is that to the
> best of my knowledge none of them will integrate properly with
> external editors like Emacs or vi.

The Eclim project exposes Eclipse functionality and then uses Vim as
an interface.

    Instead of trying to write a java IDE in Vim or a Vim editor in
    Eclipse, eclim provides an Eclipse plug-in that exposes Eclipse
    features through a server interface, and a set of Vim plug-ins
    that communicate with Eclipse over that interface (as illustrated
    below).

    <URL:http://eclim.sourceforge.net/>

--
 \          "I used to be a narrator for bad mimes."  -- Steven Wright |
Ben Finney