Book about database application development?

Bruno Desthuilliers onurb at xiludom.gro
Mon Oct 16 05:37:22 EDT 2006

Wolfgang Keller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> and thanks for your reply, but...
>
>> Here's a start:
>>
>> http://philip.greenspun.com/sql/
>
> ...small misunderstanding: I already know a bit of SQL,

Developping quality SQLDBMS-based applications requires more than "a
bit" of SQL knowledge.

> and I intend to avoid
> its use as far as possible (and use e.g. Modeling or SQLAlchemy).

I don't know Modeling, but have a bit of experience with SQLAlchemy, and
without SQL and relational model knowledge, you won't get very far.

> What I'm interested in is rather how to connect a GUI to a database, with
> quite a bit of application logic in between. And how to do it well.

This is more a general design question than a database-related (or even
Python-related) one. The answer starts with forgetting about
"connect(ing) a GUI to a database" IMHO and experience. Might be time to
google for MVC...

--
bruno desthuilliers