Names changed to protect the guilty

MonkeeSage MonkeeSage at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 21:02:31 EDT 2006

On Oct 6, 6:27 pm, a... at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) wrote:
> The following line of lightly munged code was found in a publicly
> available Python library...

Yes, this violates the Holy, Inspired, Infallible Style Guide (pbuh),
which was written by the very finger of God when the world was still in
chaotic darkness. But I guess I'm an atheist when it comes to PEP 8. If
it is clearer to you to make the condition explicit ("blah not False"),
rather than implicit ("not blah"), then use the former. I say write the
code the way *you* (and your team if applicable) are best able to read,
write and maintain it. Then when other people tell you that it isn't
good style, or isn't "pythonic," just stab them in the face with
soldering iron ala Chris Walken. :)

Regards,
Jordan