Selecting sub-images with wxPython

Odalrick odalrick at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 20 18:15:27 EDT 2006

I have an image displayed with wxPython and I need to let the user
designate an area of that image. Something like a rectangle you can
move and resize with the mouse, the exact details aren't important. So
I'm wondering if there is an easy way to do this, or will I have to
muck about with custom paintjobs?

Currently I'm using wx.lib.statbmp.GenStaticBitmap to display the
image, but that has me a little worried because I can't find any
documentation on it. The only reference was in an example that helped
me with another problem I had.

Grateful for any help.
/Odalrick