PyXML not supported, what to use next?

Oliver Andrich oliver.andrich at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 06:28:02 EDT 2006

Hi Paul

On 9/30/06, Paul Watson <pwatson at redlinepy.com> wrote:

> It would appear that xml.dom.minidom or xml.sax.* might be the best
> thing to use since PyXML is going without support.  Best of all it is
> included in the base Python distribution, so no addition hunting required.
>
> Is this right thinking?  Is there a better solution?

I am using lxml as my standard tool of choice. It includes the easy
interface of ElementTree and the speed and power of being backed by libxml2
and libxslt. But this mainly cause I have to deal with large XMLs in a fast
way. Otherwise pure ElementTree is a very, very nice choice. And it is also
our "backup" choice, when lxml is not available on a system.

Best regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Andrich <oliver.andrich at gmail.com> --- http://roughbook.de/