switching to numpy and failing, a user story

Istvan Albert istvan.albert at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 12:26:23 EDT 2006

sturlamolden wrote:

> Those involved in the development of NumPy must receive some
> compensation. Financial support to NumPy also ensure that the
> developmentcan continue. I for one does not want to see NumPy as

Then charge for NumPy ... or write a book *besides* the documentation.
One in which you make good use of NumPy and demonstrate the actual
problem solving process.

Charging for docs is just shooting yourself in the foot.

Plus that so called documention seems very unwieldy and unattractive,
long winded text, you can't search it, google won't index it -> people
won't find what they are looking for.

I.