How to invoke ipython in Mac OS X?

Lou Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Oct 17 09:54:43 EDT 2006

I installed the SciPy superpackage and have pylab, matplotlib, scipy,
and numpy apparently running well.  But I want to use matplotlib/pylab
interactively.  The instructions suggest doing this in IPython.  But
using ipython on the command line gives me an error.  The system doesn't
know the command.  Apparently there is no ipython executable in one of
the bin directories.  I thought the superpackage would add that
automatically, but I guess not.

Can anyone tell me how to get ipython running on my MacOSX 10.4 system?

Thanks for any help.

(Yes, I asked on the SciPy email list, but never got an answer.)

-- Lou Pecora  (my views are my own) REMOVE THIS to email me.