Dive Into Java?

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Tue Oct 10 08:36:38 EDT 2006

Dan Bishop wrote:
> On Oct 9, 11:40 am, Bjoern Schliessmann

>> String eggs = new String();
>>
>> The latter seems totally unnecessary to me, as well as being too
>> verbose

> It is!  All you have to write is
>
> String eggs = "";
>
> Unfortunately, the other object types don't have literals.

LOL. Sun likes their own String objects more than their principles,
don't they? :)

> Can't be, because Java already uses the syntax for something
> different than C++.

Ah, know what you mean (empty reference). That seems weird to me
too, altogether. This syntax break compared to basic types makes it
all most unaesthetic.

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #248:

Too much radiation coming from the soil.