Experiences with Py2Exe

Isaac Rodriguez isaac.rodriguez at comcast.net
Wed Oct 11 09:42:36 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am looking for feedback from people that has used or still uses
Py2Exe. I love to program in python, and I would like to use it to
write support tools for our development team, but I cannot require
everyone to install python in their machines, so I was thinking that
Py2Exe would help on that.

The support tools I write are mostly command line driven (no GUI), but
in the future, I would like to write some expert applications that will
contain GUI. I was thinking on using wxPython for the GUI, so I was
wondering how well behaves Py2Exe with the wxPython module.

Other modules I use besides the standard modules are CTypes and the
Perforce python module p4.py. I try not to use any of the win32 stuff,
but I can see how I will have to for some utilitites, so if anyone has
experience with the win32 modules and Py2Exe, any feedback will be
highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Isaac.