enumerate improvement proposal

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Sun Oct 29 07:44:47 EST 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> James Stroud wrote:
>
>> The code is for an economist. She is insistent on starting with the
>> first bin as 1.
>
> leaky abstractions in reverse, in other words?  that's not a good design
> approach.
>
> </F>

I'm not sure I understand what "leaky abstractions" means.

I am helping someone with dubious programming skills make sense of a
pile of code they wrote--code which getting a little unwieldy to debug.
I think "design approach" can't really apply here. The idea is to make
it comprehensible at some level.

I'm still curious what you mean by "leaky abstractions". Please explain.

James