Starting out.

Andrew Poelstra apoelstra at false.site
Thu Oct 12 19:49:51 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 16:37 -0700, Ahmer wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I am a 15 year old High School Sophomore. I would like to start
> programming in Python. In school, we are learning Java (5) and I like
> to use the Eclipse IDE, I also am learning PHP as well.
>
> What are some ways to get started (books, sites, etc.)? I am usually on
> linux, but I have a windows box and am planning on getting a mac.

Start by learning two hours' worth of Java. Then you can blow off the
rest of the course, if your school's anything like mine.

I learned Python from "A Byte of Python". It was okay, although not very
refined last I checked. From there you just need to work on some random
projects, and you'll become more proficient.

(OT: Try to type 'proficient' with one hand on a US keyboard. :-))

--
Andrew Poelstra  <http://www.wpsoftware.net/projects/>