3D Vector Type Line-Drawing Program

Ron Adam rrr at ronadam.com
Thu Oct 12 18:26:45 EDT 2006

Scott David Daniels wrote:
> Ron Adam wrote:
>> Scott David Daniels wrote:
>>>

>>> Take a look at VPython -- easy to start, 3-D display (wall-eye /
>>> cross-eye) easy to run on.
>>
>> I really like VPython because of how easy it is to use once you are
>> familiar with it.
>>
>> Is there a way to have the display show a wire frame image instead of
>> shaded shapes?
> You can draw the edges as lines.

Is there a setting for this?, or are you suggesting reading the coordinates and
creating curve objects for the edges?

>> Is there an easy way to convert a display to something that can be
>> printed?
>
> You can generate POV-ray source.  This is not a system for creating
> beautiful pictures, but rather a great 3-D sketch pad.

Doing a little googling found this...

    http://cgkit.sourceforge.net/index.html

Still most of the items listed here are geared more towards 3d animation or for
generating displays and are not ideal for generating high quality printed pages.

_Ron