Python windows interactive.

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Oct 30 20:34:27 EST 2006

At Monday 30/10/2006 21:15, notejam wrote:

>Thanks everyone for the help.   I got a simple two line program to work
>from a text file.
>Can not figure out how to write more than one line in interpreter mode.
>  Is that all interpreter is good for, testing one liners?  I have it
>run the program everytime I hit return, and can not figure out how to
>enter multiple lines of code.  I can do multiple lines in text file, so
>no problem, but I am jsut wondering can a program with 2 or more lines
>be wrote from the interpreter mode?

The command-line interpreter (python.exe), in interactive mode, is
just for testing purposes: one or two lines or code.
You could write your program in a file (using notepad by example),
save it with filename.py, and run it using: python filename.py
There are some integrated environments for working in python. IDLE
already comes with your Python installation. For Windows you can get
PythonWin <http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/>

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL