python GUIs comparison (want)

BartlebyScrivener rpdooling at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 11:43:09 EDT 2006

Well, I am woefully unqualified to speak to the general state of Python
gui frameworks, but I am in a similar situation as the OP, i.e., a
beginner looking to TRY some easy gui programming in Python. Not being
a computer science person, just an amateur scripter, I tend to learn
best from lots of examples.

With all of that as background, I downloaded the latest wxPython demos
and docs yesterday. I suggest that the OP do the same. The demo.py
program is an amazing piece of work. It's loaded with specific examples
which allow you to view the frame or dialog etc, and then look behind
it to see the code used to create it.

rd