What's the best IDE?

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Wed Oct 25 19:49:47 EDT 2006

Hakusa at gmail.com a écrit :
> Recently I've had some problems with PythonWin when I switched to
> Py2.5, tooka long hiatus, and came back. So now I'm without my god sent
> helper, and I'm looking for a cool replacement, or some advocation to
> reinstall/setup PyWin. But the Python website's list is irrefutably
> long. It would take a month or two to test all of those products. So
> I'm looking for experienced advocates.
 >
> What's your favorite IDE?
emacs

> What do you like about it?
1. It's so complicated and ugly that just using it is enough to makes
you look like a seasonned pro.
2. It gives me a reason to engage in holy wars with vim users.

> It would be fine for a begginer, right?
Certainly not.

But you may want to look for other advices:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=best+IDE&as_ugroup=comp.lang.python