Python and CMS

Echo oshecho at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 13:21:28 EDT 2006

Duncan Booth wrote:
> Just because something like Plone can run as a web server doesn't mean that
> you expose that web server to the outside world, nor do you have to run it
> as a webserver at all. Normally you run Plone behind another web server
> such as Apache.
>
> You can get Plone on shared hosting from various places. I use webfaction
> (www.webfaction.com).
To be able to run Plone on webfaction, I checked them out a few days
ago, you have to get the plan 'shared 4', which is a lot more
expensive than places that offer regular web hosting with pythong
suport (like dreamhost.com).

Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
> Pylons (www.pylonshq.com). It's a rail-like framework based on Paste.
What I've seen so far, I like. I think I will use Pylons. Thanks.

> > ps. I know that this is a big and complicated project.
>
> Really ? Why so ?
>
> Writing a configurable, extensible, general purpose can be a "big and
> complicated project". But writing a "taylor-made", specific one is not
> that difficult.
Good point.

--
"Now that I am a Christian I do not have moods in which the whole
thing looks very improbable: but when I was an atheist I had moods in

-Echo