Ok. This IS homework ...

spawn evilrottenspawn at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 18:51:35 EDT 2006

but I've been struggling with this for far too long and I'm about to
start beating my head against the wall.

My assignment seemed simple: create a program that will cacluate the
running total of user inputs until it hits 100.  At 100 it should stop.
 That's not the problem, in fact, that part works.  It's the adding
that isn't working.  How can my program add 2 + 7 and come up with 14?

I'm posting my code (so that you may all laugh).  If ANYONE has any
ideas on what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate.

running = True
goal = 100

# subtotal = 0
# running_total = subtotal + guess

while running:
	guess = int(raw_input('Enter an integer that I can use to add : '))
	subtotal = guess

	while running:
		guess = int(raw_input('I\'ll need another number : '))
		running_total = guess +	subtotal
		print running_total

		if running_total == goal:
			print 'Congratulations!  You\'re done.'

		elif running_total > goal:
			print 'That\'s a good number, but too high.  Try again.'

print 'Done'