Python 2.5 ; Effbot console ; thank ; pb release.

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Oct 24 03:57:49 EDT 2006

"Hendrik van Rooyen" <mail at microcorp.co.za> writes:

[quoting problems fixed]

>  "Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
> > some days, I ask myself why I shouldn't just use GPL for
> > everything I do, and ship it as source code only.
>
> because then you would deny your work to thousands of ungrateful,
> unmotivated lazy buggers like me...

Not necessarily. All it needs is one person (with the same platform
you want to use) to take the source, build it for that platform, and
make it available. All the other "ungrateful, unmotivated lazy
buggers" can then take advantage of that -- and reward the person with
whatever praise they require :-)

--
 \          "Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his |
  `\                                           wife."  -- Groucho Marx |