python GUIs comparison (want)

Cameron Walsh cameron.walsh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 02:05:35 EDT 2006

jiang.haiyun at gmail.com wrote:
> Now i began to learn GUI programming. There are so many
> choices of GUI in the python world, wxPython, pyGTK, PyQT,
> Tkinter, .etc, it's difficult for a novice to decide, however.
> Can you draw a comparison among them on easy coding, pythonish design,
> beautiful and generous looking, powerful development toolkit, and
> sufficient documentation, .etc.
> It's helpful for a GUI beginner.
> Thank you.
>

> :)Sorry for my poor english.

I googled "python gui compare" a while back and got
www.awaretek.com/toolkits.html as the first result.

Every variation on the values I entered seemed to point me to wxPython,
which I'm still using now.  However, they seem to think that EasyGUI is
the easiest to learn, but that it suffers on "Maturity, documentation,
breadth of widget selection".

All the best,

Cameron.