a different question: can you earn a living with *just* python?

Scott David Daniels scott.daniels at acm.org
Sun Oct 1 18:06:28 EDT 2006

sjdevnull at yahoo.com wrote:
> Paul Rubin wrote:
>> .... Very interesting post and list.  I think I'd add at least one assembly
>> language.
>
> Yes, definitely.

I'd propose DEK's MMIX assembly language if you go for only one (or two)
-- learn modern machine architectural directions at the same time as you
learn an assembly language.  You can still execute it (plenty of
simulators are available for free), and you can get an idea of kinds of
efficiency without having to learn five or six architectures.

--Scott David Daniels
scott.daniels at acm.org