array tofile fromfile tosocket? fromsocket?

SpreadTooThin bjobrien62 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 13:29:00 EDT 2006

Hi I am using arrays in an application.
They have been working very well for me as I have been using them for
reading and writing data to and from files whose endianisms can be big
or little endian.
However now I need handle data that can be transferred over a socket.

I would rather not have to go in and change every occurance of tofile
and fromfile to a function but realize that is what I may have to do.
I was under the impression that a file and socket were interchangable
(like a file descriptor).   Does anyone have an idea that might help me
minimize the impact on my code?