Python/Tkinter crash.

Eric Brunel eric_brunel at despammed.com
Wed Oct 4 11:57:35 EDT 2006

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:33:55 +0200, Hendrik van Rooyen
<mail at microcorp.co.za> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I get the following:
>
> hvr at LINUXBOXMicrocorp:~/Controller/lib> python display.py
> UpdateStringProc should not be invoked for type font
> Aborted
>
> and I am back at the bash prompt - this is most frustrating, as there is
> no
> friendly traceback to help me guess where its coming from.
>
> And what is worse, the script runs for a varying time before it simply
> exits
> like this.
>
> What can I do to dig deeper to try to find a clue? - I don't even know
> if its
> Python, Tkinter or Linux...

Neither of them: it's a tcl problem. The message you get is in the file
generic/tclObj.c in the tcl source directory.

I know the problem happens sometimes on one of my Tkinter applications,
but I never succeeded in reproducing it systematically. I've browsed the
tcl bugs, but didn't find anything. Maybe you'll be luckier than I... If
you are, I'm interested in any hint you can find.
'U(17zX(%,5.zmz5(17l8(%,5.Z*(93-965$l7+-'])"